If your Windows PC has been trapped with the IDP.Generic virus threat and you are looking for a solution to remove it, then you have come to the right place.
What Is IDP-Generic? Why Is This Virus Dangerous and How to Remove It?
As mentioned above, there is a high probability that the warning could simply be a false positive. In this case, just update your current antivirus program and see if the same warning appears again. This process varies from one antivirus to another, so be sure to check the developer documentation on this matter.
IDP-Generic virus, this kind of message is often observed by users who have a powerful anti-virus program installed, but the settings for protecting the torrent tracker from interaction with the utility have not been set. Since this phenomenon occurs quite often, not everyone has an idea of how to solve the problem. That is why here it will be necessary to consider in detail the most important and significant points.
Naturally, the game file is changed and modified, but the idp.generic avast antivirus can mark it as IDP.generic, but it is safe. This also applies to games that are downloaded from torrents, since there are modified files to bypass the game’s protection, and the antivirus will swear and may issue the name of the threat as IDP.generic. If in the first case we are sure that we ourselves have changed the game file, then in the second with a torrent, it is a big question, since a virus may be specially sewn there by the creator of the repack.
Next, the program will display a list of computer devices. Among them will be not only those devices that do not have drivers but also those whose software is outdated at the moment. You can install and/or update drivers for all devices at the same time, or only for specific ones. If you are interested in the first option, just click on the “Install” button.
IPD.Generic 5 Steps Removal
Standard uninstallation implies the use of the standard Windows Add/Remove Programs application. The actions are as follows:
- Open the “Start” menu, then enter the phrase “Programs” in the search box (just like that without the “a” at the end).
- As a result, you will see the icon “Add or Remove Programs”, “Change or Remove Programs” and/or “Programs and Features” (depending on the version of Windows). Click on the icon that appears in your case.
- A new window will open in which all programs installed on the computer will be listed. Find icons with names starting with ” IDP.Generic” among them.
- As you can see, along with ” IDP.Generic”, a number of other programs are installed on your computer. Our task is to remove them all one by one. You can get started with Antivirus.
- Just click on the icon, then on the “Delete” button (for Windows 7 – right-click on the icon, then select “Delete”).
Universal uninstaller refers to utilities designed to remove other programs. There are many of them, we will use Your Uninstaller as an example. This program will allow you not only to remove the antivirus but to clean the disk and system registry from residual data.
- First, download the Your Uninstaller program. This is a shareware utility that you can use without purchasing a license for several days.
- Install and run Your Uninstaller. The utility scans your computer and then displays a list of installed programs.